Recipe for 6 eclairs Preparation : 1h30
For the choux pastry :
- 80g of flour
- 75g of butter
- 3 eggs
- 10cl of water
For the filling :
- 4 egg yolks
- 80g of Maple Joe® maple syrup
- 35cl of milk
- 35g of butter
- 30g of cornflour
- 1 vanilla pod
For the icing :
- 70g of icing sugar
- 40g of Maple Joe® maple syrup
Making the filling :
- Whisk egg yolks vigorously with Maple Joe® maple syrup. Add the cornflour and whisk the mixture.
- Bring the milk to a simmer with the seeds of the vanilla pod.
- Pour the milk over the eggs while whisking the mixture then pour it back immediately into the pan. Continue to stir over medium heat until the mixture thickens.
- Off the heat, stir in the butter. Pour the filling into a glass dish, place a layer of cling film directly onto the mixture. Allow to cool then transfer to the fridge for 2 hours.
Making the choux pastry :
- Bring the water, butter and pinch of salt to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the flour all at once. Stir with a wooden spatula until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- Return the saucepan to low heat and continue stirring until the dough is dry.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add one egg, stirring briskly until it is perfectly incorporated. Repeat the operation with the second egg and then the third: the dough must flow but not be runny.
- Place the choux pastry in a piping bag. Then form 11cm long rolls on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Glaze preparation and assembly :
- Drill two small holes under each lightning bolt and fill them with filling a piping bag.
- Vigorously mix the icing sugar and maple syrup in a soup plate.
- Dip the tops of the eclairs into the icing. It’s ready ! Yummy !