Recipe for 8 people
Preparation : 2 hrs
- 2 nice 1.5kg chickens
- 20 average size potatoes
- 4 onions
- 40g of butter
- 4 soup spoons of Maple Joe® maple syrup
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 teaspoons of sweet pepper
- Heat the oven to 200°C (thermostat 7-8).
- Grease the chickens in butter with a brush and season.
- Oil a dish with olive oil and place the chicken in its centre.
- Pour in 30 cl of water, add the sweet pepper and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and baste it entirely with maple syrup.
- Add the potatoes and onions which have been sliced.
- Season and add 40cl water.
- Place back in the oven for a good hour.
- Baste the chicken with the maple syrup gravy from time to time.
- Check the cooking & turn the potatoes regularly.